Customer Services Team Manager
Please note this role will be office based 5 days pw.
Customer Service Team Managers are responsible for managing the employees within their team and the performance of that team. They are responsible for the day-to-day operational management of processes and delivery against SLAs ensuring that customer needs are met through the prioritisation of tasks.
The role will include management of resources, coaching and support of employees in their customer interactions and acting as a point of escalation where necessary.
- Review and manage the team’s workload and ensure work allocation is fair
- Ensure service delivery is in accordance with client and department SLAs leading to the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Working within Customer Service management guidelines such as metrics management, quality evaluation and team communication protocol
- Lead and manage resources to ensure staff utilisation and productivity
- Support resolution of customer complaints and complex issues
- Actively seek continuous improvement by reviewing work processes and identifying different approaches to getting work done, which result in efficiencies and ‘SMART’ ways of working to ensure employee productivity and client needs are achieved
- Encourage and nurture strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Assist the Head(s) of Customer Services with any change projects as appropriate
- Ensure that processes are fully documented, supported & trained thereby reducing process failure and cost of error
- Building relationships and developing the trust of the account management team, customers as appropriate
- Ensure customer feedback is quickly addressed
- Accountable for the performance management of employees within defined area of responsibility, including completion of reviews within the company Performance Review Process
- Accountable for the skills and competencies of direct reports and providing coaching and upskilling support where necessary
- Responsible for ensuring that employee development needs are recognised and supported, and that ongoing development is encouraged
- Responsible for all aspects of resource management within defined area of responsibility, including planning, resourcing, and recruitment
Required knowledge and experience:
- Comprehensive experience of managing employee relations issues.
- Comprehensive experience of recruiting high calibre employees.
- Comprehensive experience of leading and motivating people individually and within teams.
- Contact centre management experience preferable, customer service team management experience essential.
- Experience of actively participating in a team environment, whilst demonstrating the capability to work independently
- Comprehensive experience of developing high performing individuals / teams.
- Experience of commercial and financial awareness essential to running the business responsibly.
- Experience of working in a commercial customer facing business to business environment.
- Experience in the ability to influence both inside and outside the organisation.
- Experience in the understanding of the key tasks of customer service
- Working knowledge of core Microsoft Applications (Word and Excel).