We’re recruiting on behalf of a commercial supplier to UK-based construction and refurb projects. Although part of a larger US company, our client still retains the culture and team ethos of an SME.
- Understand scope requirements / specification
- Research materials, equipment, and labour costs
- Gather and manage quotes from suppliers
- Calculate, review and evaluate cost estimates
- Assessing level of risk on a project
- Drawing take-offs and RFIs
- Preparing and submitting quotations/tender bids to deadline
- Keeping CRM system and client document records up to date and accurate
Communication & Relationships:
- Promotes and maintains constructive and positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Builds positive working relationships with individuals and organisations e.g. suppliers, QS, clients.
- Prior experience working as an Estimator within construction/fit-out industry
- Able to motivate a team
- Good forward planning
- Eye for detail
- Able to make judgements/assessment in relations to costs
- Ability to multitask and manage simultaneous tenders
- Strong computer skills – MS Excel (pivots and V look-ups)