Graduate Contracts Administrator
To be responsible for the sales order process for all new sales orders (licence sales and professional services) and maintenance renewals and for the preparation of sales invoices.
Contract and Sales Order Administration
- To maintain the contract database and provide relevant status, information on contracts, new customers, terminations and deferred income.
- Provide correct advice to customers in response to contract queries and termination letters.
- Assist with any contractual disputes and liaise with Senior Contracts Adviser to resolve issues.
- Respond to customers to agree or deny any contract reductions based on current contract terms.
- Develop knowledge of customer contracts and points for negotiation to manage risk and maximise opportunities.
- Work with colleagues to correctly process contract changes such as solution upgrades, alignment calculations, reductions and re-negotiations.
- To assist with processing sales orders and maintenance renewals to ensure timely invoicing.
- To ensure sales orders and terms conform to agreed standards (contract signed, EULA referenced, delivery address specified, approval, job number applied, payment terms etc.).
- To enter sales orders on to the job sheet system and generate sales invoices for new licence sales, annual maintenance (new sales) and development work.
- To issue invoices for annual maintenance renewals monthly in advance to ensure cash flow. To apply RPI per contract terms to renewal contracts for underlying terms and conditions.
- To set up customer files for new customers ensuring that all sales orders and necessary customer documentation is accurately recorded on the system.
- To ensure that digital copies are made of the sales information and customer records.
- To provide support and assistance with the production of monthly reports for forecasting / decision-making.
- To provide copies of terms and conditions or sales orders promptly to customers when requested.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Proficient use of the most common Microsoft applications including intermediate knowledge of Excel to download and analyse data.
- Ability to analyse data output, collate and present information.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent preferred.
- Experience of working in contract management or accounting, or good knowledge of computerised accounting systems would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract terms.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to successfully plan and co-ordinate a high number of activities, with excellent time management and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- Track record and reputation for integrity, confidentiality, accountability and results.